Welcome to Prysm's first live ISE blog. We'll be updating this blog at least twice a day, sharing news, booth events, press coverage, social media posts, and more. So, please stop by often and feel free to leave comments. You can also join in the live conversation by including #ISE2017 and @prysminc in your tweets. Please come visit us at stand 11-B130, have a cup of free coffee in the Prysm Café, and say hello.
Happy Friday, ISE 2017! Things are winding down today, but it’s been an amazing week. Show organizers say there were more than 70,000 attendees this year, compared to 65,000 last year (and we thought that was big!). We gave hundreds of demos of our new features (which include Live Source Streaming, a new Quick Start welcome screen, and Wireless Screen Sharing) and third-party display-hardware compatibility at the Prysm booth, and we're thrilled by the reactions. We think Prysm Visual Workplace helps us work smarter together. It was great to find out that other people agree. We also did two dozen press interviews and served a couple of thousand cups of coffee, doing our part to keep the crowds energetic.
It's been fun sharing this week with you, and we wish you safe travels. Below are some more pictures from the Prysm booth. Visit our Flickr album to see them all.
Walking the show floor at ISE this year is a real workout! Do your feet hurt? Take a few minutes to relax with a glass of wine or a cold beer at the Prysm Café at stand #11-B130. We look forward to meeting you.
If you don’t have time to stop by the booth for a demo of our new Quick Start features, check out the video below, which demonstrates how you can use Prysm’s digital sketch-board or mirror your device’s screen without logging in, so you never waste a valuable moment of meeting time.
Also, check out our Flickr album to see some great snapshots from the Prysm booth today. Have a great night!
Prysm staffers have flown in from Dubai, Belgium, Germany, the UK, and the United States to attend the largest show in the history of ISE…and we have not been disappointed! Our booth has been packed with folks eager to get a look at our new features and to see demos of Prysm Visual Workplace running on the third-party display hardware.
- As you’re making plans for your day, don’t forget to schedule a stop at the Unified Communications Theatre at 14:00 to hear Prysm Chief Marketing Officer Paige O’Neill’s 30-minute talk on the six realities disrupting today’s workplace. You’ll learn about how employee disengagement, outdated technology, and innovation challenges are costing companies billions of dollars each year and how visual workplace technology can help. Paige will also spend time exploring the ways that some of Silicon Valley’s hottest companies foster innovation.
- We invite you to come to visit the Prysm booth (stand #11-B130), have a cup of coffee at the Prysm Café, and say hello. If you can't fit a live demo into your schedule, watch the video below, which shows Prysm’s Chief Marketing Officer, Paige O’Neill, demonstrating the new features and functionality to rAVe Pubs’ Gary Kayye.
It was another high-energy day on the show floor at ISE 2017! If you’re ready to wind down, stop by the Prysm booth (stand #11-B130) and have a glass of wine or a cold beer in the Prysm Café. Cheers!
Prysm's Chief Marketing Officer Paige O'Neill spoke this morning about the six realities disrupting today's workplace. She explained how employee disengagement, outdated technology, and innovation challenges are costing companies billions of dollars each year. She also provided use-case examples of how companies are addressing these challenges today with new unified communications and visual workplace technology.
Prysm is publishing a series of ebooks, white papers, and infographics covering these six realities in more depth. Links to the complimentary ebook downloads appear below: We hope you enjoy them!
- Reality #1: Employee Disengagement is a Disease
- Reality #2: Meetings Have Lost Their Mojo
- Reality #3: Outdated Technology is Productivity’s Poison Pill
- Reality #4: The Most Productive Employees Wear Pajamas
- Reality #5: Innovation Requires a Silicon Valley Mindset
If you were unable to hear Paige's talk this morning, please attend her encore session tomorrow, February 9, at 14:00 in the Unified Communications Theatre.
Prysm continues to attract press attention. Coverage includes:
- In a special rAVe Pubs ISE edition videocast, Prysm’s CMO, Paige O’Neill discussed the company's new functionality and revealed a glimpse of the product's new interface features.
- AVNetwork shared our exciting announcement about supporting third-party display hardware.
- Commercial Integrator covered Prysm Visual Workplace's new features, including Quick Start, Wireless Screen Sharing, Live Source Streaming, and third-party display-hardware compatibility.
Below are some photos that were taken at the Prysm booth today. Have a great night!
FEBRUARY 8, 2017
Good morning, ISE attendees! It’s going to be another busy day on the show floor. Need an energy boost? Stop by the Prysm Café (stand #11-B130) and have a cup of coffee with us.
- From 10:30 to 11:00 in the Unified Communications Theatre, Prysm’s CMO Paige O’Neill will address the “Six Realities Disrupting the Workplace,” revealing the ways that employee disengagement, outdated technology, and innovation challenges are costing companies billions of dollars each year.
This session provides use cases demonstrating how companies are addressing these challenges with new unified communications and visual workplace technology. The content will help attendees build the case for digital workplace solutions.
If you cannot attend at this time, we hope you'll join Paige for an encore session on February 9 at 14:00 in the Unified Communications Theatre.
- Prysm's VP of Experience Marketing, Tim Message, gives a video demonstration of Prysm Visual Workplace's new features and functionality — which include third-party display-hardware compatibility, a Quick Start welcome screen, Live Source Streaming and Wireless Screen Sharing — from the Prysm booth. Check it out, below:
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2017
Day one of ISE 2017 was buzzing with energy! Now, we see a lot of people who look ready for a bit of rest and a drink. If you’re one of them, we invite you to visit the Prysm Café (stand # 11-B130) for a glass of wine or a cold beer. We look forward to meeting you.
Today, Prysm saw some great press coverage, including:
- PCWorld’s Stephen Lawson wrote that Prysm’s newest features and functionality make Prysm Visual Workplace stiff competition for the Cisco Spark Platform. Check out his article in today’s issue: “Cisco faces a tougher collaboration rival in updated Prysm”
- AV Magazine’s Zoe Mutter took readers on a tour of Sprint’s new Executive Briefing Center at its headquarters in Overland, Kansas — which features a massive curved Prysm Laser Phosphor Display (LPD) running Prysm Visual Workplace — in an article entitled “Immersive Solution Transforms Sprint.”
Tomorrow morning (10:30 to 11:00) in the Unified Communications Theatre, Prysm's Chief Marketing Officer, Paige O’Neill, will be speaking about the six realities disrupting today’s workplace. In particular, she’ll be talking about the “secret formula” for innovation used by the world’s most progressive companies and how a visual workplace can help your organization follow suit.
Have a great evening!
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2017
Prysm has a lot to announce today, so we'll just jump right into it:
- First off, we're proud to share that Prysm Visual Workplace is now compatible with third-party displays, and we'll be demonstrating this new functionality in our booth (stand #11 - B130).
"The solution is a win-win for all involved,” said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst, and partner at Wainhouse Research. “This option allows channel partners to add value by selecting and installing display systems designed for specific situations and environments. The real winners, however, will be the end-user customers, as they can now utilize Prysm’s collaboration technology with their existing meeting-room investments, saving both time and money.”
“The real-time collaboration benefits of Prysm Visual Workplace across any device and location is very appealing to our customers,” said Dale Bottcher, senior vice president for Prysm partner AVI-SPL. “Having the opportunity to utilize Prysm Visual Workplace with or without Prysm-branded displays offers flexibility our customers demand. These types of choices enable us to help our customers maximize their current technology investment and enhance their team-collaboration experiences.”
The Prysm Application Suite (PAS) can be enabled on a variety of commercial / industrial-grade LCD displays. To deliver the best results, third-party displays are recommended to be 4Kor UHD resolution LCDs and offer a Display Port 1.2 and a USB 2.0 based touch sensor interface.
- We are also excited to announce three great new features:
- Live Source Streaming allows all participants using Prysm Visual Workplace, no matter where they are located or what device they are using, to view and edit device-centric content displayed in a Prysm workspace. Any device displaying content, such as laptops, mobile devices, in-room PCs, video conference systems, Apple TVs, document cameras, security cameras, etc., can be integrated into a meeting, while changes and edits can be viewed in real-time by Prysm meeting participants.
- Prysm Quick Start enables employees to access Prysm Visual Workplace without logging in, providing a fast and convenient tool that enables teams and individuals to quickly brainstorm or capture thoughts from an ad-hoc meeting. Using Quick Start, participants can pair devices via a wired or wireless connection to engage with content or to sketch and capture ideas using Prysm’s digital-whiteboard capabilities.
- Wireless Screen Sharing permits users to wirelessly and securely display a laptop, tablet, or mobile device to a Prysm display. Prysm users can annotate, take screenshots and manipulate content displayed by these devices. During multi-location team meetings, a Prysm user can ensure that all actions within a workspace are mirrored in real-time to all participants.
You can get a demonstration of these new features, which are expected to be available by the end of Q1 2017, at our booth (stand #11 - B130).
It's not too late to book an appointment at our booth. We'd love to share a cup of coffee with you and talk one on one.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2017
Hello/Hallo/Bonjour/Ciao/Hola/你好/こんにちは, ISE 2017 attendees!
Is everyone ready for the largest show in the history of ISE? The exhibition hall has not yet opened, but already you can feel the anticipation building. Prysm's booth is assembled and our team is ready to go! Our theme this year is "Work Smarter Together," which is exactly what we built Prysm Visual Workplace to do. We hope you'll stop by stand 11-B130, have a cup of free coffee, and say "hello" (in whatever language you speak).